November 2021 Release
(not eligible for free shipping or other discount offers)
Memento mori or “remember your death” is a phrase long associated with the practice of remembering the unpredictable and inevitable end of one’s life.
Memento Mori: An Advent Companion on the Last Things is the latest in a series of books by Sr. Theresa Aletheia Noble, FSP, that explores this traditional Christian practice of meditation on death in light of Christ.
Advent might seem like a liturgical season in which meditation on death and the other Last Things (judgment, hell, and heaven) is not appropriate. But, in times past, Advent was recognized as the perfect time to take a hard look at all the Last Things. In some parishes, priests used to give sermons on each of the Last Things to correspond to the four Sundays of Advent.
This book will help you to explore the reality that Advent means nothing without recognizing that Jesus came to save us from death, humanity’s most intimidating enemy and impossible adversary. Jesus was born to die so that we may live. Remembering this reality in light of our death changes lives.
Memento Mori: An Advent Companion on the Last Things includes:
- Scripture-based daily reflections from the liturgy for each day of Advent written by Sr. Theresa Aletheia
- Daily reflections on the Last Things from the tradition, including the Church Fathers and many of the saints
- The Memento Mori Examen or review of the day
- Classic art as well as art by over twenty living artists reflecting on the Last Things
- Written, designed, and produced by religious sisters
- Full-color on rich paper
- Silver-stamped cover
- 7" x 9" format
- Eco-friendly, FSC® certified printing in the US