Celebrating The Lectionary (C) for Primary Grades
Celebrating the Lectionary is a supplementary catechetical resource that helps you bring the richness of the Lectionary and the liturgical year into your catechetical program. It can be used in Catholic school programs, during the process of preparing children for Christian initiation, or as a supplement to a traditional basal text for Catholic school or parish religious education programs. It has been changed from a school year annual to now follow the pattern of the Lectionary. It includes sessions for every Sunday of the liturgical year (Advent, Christmas Time, Lent, Easter Time, and Ordinary Time), sessions for each day of the Sacred Paschal Triduum, and sessions for holydays, solemnities, and feasts so that you can use it in a variety of catechetical settings.
Each session is easily adapted to your specific needs and time constraints, with sessions designed so that you can lead class discussions and activities with minimal preparation and make use of the resources you have on hand.
Each session includes:
- Background information for the catechists
- Ways to connect the children’s lives with the liturgical year
- Full text of the day’s Gospel reading and an age-appropriate guided reflection
- Gospel-related activities
- A take-home page for the families to do during the week