Follow Christ Developing Lifestyle on Intentional Disciple
Walking in the footsteps of Jesus is a nice image, one which we aspire to as Christians. We go to Mass, we pray, but we feel like there is more we could be doing and aren t sure what next steps to take.
In Following Christ: Developing the Practices of an Intentional Disciple, authors Dave Nodar, Fr. Erik Arnold, and Ally Ascosi lead us through the important, basic disciplines that characterize intentional disciples:
- Daily, deliberate personal prayer time
- Taking the Bible down from the shelf and really using it in your life
- The gift of the sacraments Christ gave us to give us the strength to follow him
- Forgiveness as a key element of discipleship
- What it means to live a life empowered by the Holy Spirit
Finally, you ll learn to recognize and defend against the struggles that often accompany a new or renewed relationship with Christ.
Pope Francis said, "Let us ask ourselves: How do I follow Jesus?" Follow Christ begins to show us the way.